Pages

Monday, September 14, 2015

EHVAH AFTER by Rose Dee


Here's the Amazon Description:

Ehvah Rowe’s life is in freefall. Her teen queen status is long forgotten, and with a childhood of tragic loss, no family save a diabolical aunt, and no career prospects, her L.A. celebrity world holds no future. It will take a murder, an escape to the Australian tropics, and the friendship of an Aussie bodyguard, for her to discover healing, faith, and a way forward.

David Blake knows how to be a soldier. His army training equipped him to fight and protect. But when it comes to helping a fear-filled celebrity navigate the same post-traumatic stress symptoms he has suffered, David discovers the challenge in forsaking his own strength for God’s plan.

Rose Dee weaves a story of mystery, drama and romance, in her trademark tropical North Queensland Australian style.

My Review:

I will admit to being a biased reviewer in this instance: Rose and I have developed a personal and professional friendship since I read and reviewed (positively!) her first novel, Back to Resolution. I’m now her freelance editor, and worked with her on Ehvah After (so all mistakes are mine. Well, editing mistakes. Character mistakes … that’s called a plot).

And Ehvah After is full of characters who’ve made bad decisions or who are being affected by the bad decisions of others. Ehvah is a burned-out teen queen whose life takes a turn for the worse when she witnesses a murder and is shipped off to northern Queensland for her own safety. Here she meets David, a Christian, who both reintroduces her to the faith of her childhood and protects her from the people who believe she holds the key to … something.

There’s plenty of mystery and suspense along with some romance and all set against the beautiful backdrop of Queensland and more than a dash of humour from the locals (human and non-human). It’s an excellent read for those looking for romantic suspense in an exotic location. Well, I’m from New Zealand, so I consider it almost local, but I know it’s foreign and exotic to most of you!

About the Reviewer, Iola Goulton: 

I am a freelance editor specializing in Christian fiction, and you can find out more about my services at my website, or follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Tsu .

I love reading, and read and review around 150 Christian books each year on my blog. I'm a Top 25 Reviewer at Christian Book, in the Top 1% of reviewers at Goodreads, and have an Amazon US Reviewer Rank that floats around 2500 (and I'm in the Top 50 at Amazon Australia).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Your comment will show up soon!